Posted by dOoBiX on November 24th, 2011 at 3:41 pm
I just realized that I haven’t uploaded Monikon’s Mini StarCraft to icyHell yet. In the previous posts about this, I just linked to the creator’s webpage. However, that website is gone now, thus I will host the file here for everyone to download.
For those who don’t know about this yet, this is a very small version of StarCraft Brood War that can be put in your USB drive so you can take StarCraft wherever you go! You can even play on Battle.net if you use a valid CD-key.
Posted by dOoBiX on November 1st, 2011 at 12:48 am
Sorry to everyone who had been trying to access icyHell.net over the past 2 weeks. A bunch of files got infected with some malicious code and Firefox/Google had blocked people from visiting this site. I have hopefully cleaned up everything, and this problem should not happen again. icyHell.net has been resubmitted to Google for a review, and I think they will remove us as an Attack Page in a few days.
Posted by dOoBiX on September 30th, 2011 at 1:23 pm
New SC2 patch came out yesterday, which fixes some bugs:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.4.1
- Fixed an issue where loading certain DXT textures on custom maps could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where loading corrupted texture files could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where video drivers that do not support certain texture formats could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when Windows resumes from hibernation mode while the game is running.
- Fixed an issue which could cause incorrect campaign progression when loading saved campaign made prior to 1.4.0.
- Fixed slowdowns which could occur when using Razer Spectre mouse.
StarCraft II Editor Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where destroying a Dialog Item of type Edit Box while text is being entered could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where camera rotation behaved improperly when rotation was modified by positive values.
Posted by dOoBiX on September 20th, 2011 at 11:35 am
Blizzard has released a new patch (v1.4.0) for StarCraft 2 today. This update contains a huge list of changes which include user interface changes, unit balancing, bug fixes, and map editor improvements. You can read the whole patch in the spoiler below.
Posted by dOoBiX on July 31st, 2011 at 8:32 pm
Sorry, I’m a couple days late posting this, but there is a new patch on SC2 that fixes some bugs.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.6
- Fixed an issue where using the Fun or Not system would sometimes cause players to be disconnected from the game.
- Fixed an issue with the “Q” key being unusable in Mac’s French Grid keyboard layout.
- StarCraft II Editor
- Fixed an issue that prevents using Value to set Player parameter in the Modify Player Property function.
- Fixed an issue when using Unit Can Attack Unit Type function that could cause the game to become unresponsive.
Posted by dOoBiX on July 19th, 2011 at 7:49 pm
Blizzard released a new patch for StarCraft II today! The biggest change in this version is that the North American and South American servers will now be linked together!
- Players from Latin America and North America will soon be able to play games together, add each other to their in-game friends list, and compete on the same ladder. For more information on region linking, please visit the official community site.
- Several performance and memory improvements have been made.
- “Player Left” messages will once again appear in replays.
- The Hellion’s Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade icon has been updated (now with more blue flames!).
StarCraft II Editor Improvements
- UI errors will now go into a newly-created Error Display Message window.
- Cooldowns shorter than ¼ of a second no longer display on the command card.
Posted by dOoBiX on May 25th, 2011 at 2:24 am
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.4
- Fixed a bug that would cause some Leagues & Ladder pages not to show correctly.
Posted by dOoBiX on May 10th, 2011 at 7:04 pm
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.3
- The default hotkey to toggle in-game music on/off has been reverted to its hotkey prior to Patch 1.3.0. The hotkey to display APM in the observer stat panel has been changed as a result.
- Now a Massive unit.
- Range increased from 2 to 3.
- Cybernetics Core
- Research Warp Gate research time increased from 140 to 160.
- Sentry train time decreased from 42 to 37.
- Warp Gate unit train times remain unchanged.
- Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.
- Salvage resource return reduced from 100% to 75%.
- Cost changed from 150/150 to 200/100.
- Thor now has 200 max energy, and starts with 50 energy.
- 250mm Strike Cannons now cost 150 energy to use (cooldown removed).
- Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Spore Crawler
- Root time decreased from 12 to 6.
- Fixed an issue where Ghosts could not quickly EMP the same location.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to stack air units when issuing a queued stop command before the units reached the end of their patrol point.
- Fixed an issue where unplugging your USB headset while another player was talking to you could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the APM statistic could be artificially increased.
- Fixed an issue where 3D unit portraits were not animating smoothly at slow game speeds.
- Fixed an issue where, when viewing a replay, no text message was displayed when a player left a game.
- The Taiwanese hotkey to display/hide the game UI while in Observer mode now works correctly.
Posted by dOoBiX on April 12th, 2011 at 5:13 pm
New SC2 patch today fixes a few bugs in the game and in the map editor. Full patch notes below:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.2
- Fixed an issue where maps would not appear in the Single Player vs. AI screen (China only).
- Fixed an issue where the Leagues & Ladders Friends page would stop displaying information if a player had more than 100 ranked friends.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when players received an alert in-game while 3D portraits were turned on.
- StarCraft II Editor
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Editor startup if players had improperly configured variables.
- Fixed an issue where the Editor would display incorrect cliff height on ramps facing directly N, S, E or W; this issue prevented proper unit vision in game.
- Fixed an issue where the pathing visualizer in the Terrain Editor would sometimes display incorrect pathing.